Since November, I had gotten two Cherry Mobile Ace (powered by Firefox OS) devices for me and my mom at home. Basically, the two Aces function as my secondary phone and as our landline phone unit at home. Being a developer though, I was also interested in using my Ace to test against HTML5 apps that I’ve made.
Prior to the Ace, I already had a ZTE Open Firefox OS device back in 2013. This Ace is a new device, and courtesy of Sir Bob Reyes of Mozilla Philippines, I was able to know how to connect to the Ace on my PC. Continue reading
The past few weeks have shown us the release of the latest versions of the leading browsers Internet Explorer 9, Google Chrome 10 and Mozilla Firefox 4. In a big way, IE has made another effort to bring its browser at par with its peers Chrome and Firefox. Users are in a win-win situation — but what about businesses that are tied to older versions of its browser? Continue reading
People hear this most of the time from the top-notch programmers of their company’s IT departments.
Microsoft is not an exception.
For the longest time, the Autorun feature has been around, causing mayhem on normal people’s PCs by releasing malware like Conficker and Taga Lipa Are! viruses. People aware with the problem (namely, those top-notch programmers of your IT department) can resort to registry hacks in their Windows environments, but for the others, it’s been a done deal. Their PCs are infected.
Microsoft had insisted that this feature assists people in automatically installing device drivers. In my opinion, the benefits are far outweighed by the problems caused by this, as until now, annoying malware still stick up every now and then just because somebody accidentally double-clicked on their USB drive instead of right-click > Explore (which doesn’t run Autorun).
By this time, MS has released a patch for Windows XP machines to [finally] prevent Autorun from, well, running. People with newer OSs, like Windows 7, don’t have to go through the same pain though, since Autorun there is not on by default.
This is arguably one of the most tedious (not difficult — there’s a difference) tasks one has to go through when importing his/her Microsoft Outlook PSTs, or “personal folder files”. Don’t ask me how they arrived at the acronym, but as my good friend Em did a quick google to Wikipedia, PST stands for Personal Storage Table. Continue reading
(Researched and based from solutions offered at the OTN Discussion Forums)
When trying to setup an XA-compliant connection pool for WebLogic Server 8.1 that points to an MSSQL 2000 database, an extra step is usually needed to be able to make it accessible.